I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Sunday, July 28, 2013

Cedar Plank Salmon with Mixed Greens & Avocado Dressing

I'm not crazy about fish......but this was goooooood!

Soak a cedar plank in water for at least 1 hour.  Take it out of the water and put sliced lemons on it, top with salmon fillets.  I spread about 1/2 tsp of honey on each filet, then rub in the spice.  You can use whatever you like but this is what I used. Summer Kitchen Gone Fishing spice rub from HomeSense.

(If you don't want to BBQ you can also put your lemon slices on a piece of foil, top with fish and seasonings and wrap up. Bake at 400F for 20 mins then uncover and broil, keeping an eye on it, for 3-5 mins) 
If you are BBQ'ing you need to have the BBQ at 375-400F. Put the plank with the salmon in, close the lid and bake for 20-25 minutes.  Then be patient and let them sit 5 minutes before serving on a bed of rice.

For the salad take 1 ripe avocado, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, 3 Tbsp. water, 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar, 1 Tbsp. cilantro, 1 small garlic clove, 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Combine in a food processor and refrigerate until ready to use. (recipe from Ontario turkey farmers booklet)
Toss together 3 cups greens, 3 cups broccoli slaw, 1 cup grape tomatoes halved and 1/2 cup corn kernels.
I'll be making this again!
I bought some Basa fillets last week...........maybe I'll try this recipe with them, will keep you posted.

August 7, 2013 Basa was great too!



No comments:

Post a Comment