I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pork Roast Ecuadorian

I got this recipe from an Ecuadorian guy my husband used to work with about 25 years ago.  This year my youngest daughter will be travelling with school on a community service trip to Ecuador. 

3 lb pork roast
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp saffron
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp cumin powder
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsps finely chopped onion
2 tbsps wine vinegar
2 tsps parsley
pinch of paprika (or chile if you like it a bit spicier)
















Mix all spices together with vinegar to form a paste. Cover roast with paste and wrap in saran wrap.Place in fridge overnight.

Unwrap and roast in oven at 325F for 40 minutes per pound.
Look at all that brown goodness! 

Let it rest 10 minutes before slicing. While waiting you could add a little water to the pan and scrape the brown off making a kind of au jus to serve on the side.

Oh and the kids had a great experience in Ecuador! 

No comments:

Post a Comment