I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Tandoori Chicken and Potatoes

I guess you can tell, if you have seen some of my previous posts, that I like to have my meat and potatoes cooked in the same pot.  You can prepare ahead of time and just pop it in the oven when you're ready.

Ingredients:

4 chicken legs, split
juice of 1/2 lemon
2  1/2 - 3 tbsps tandoori BBQ marinade

4 or 5 potatoes
2 tbsps olive oil
1 tsp vinegar (I used rice)
1 tsp garlic powder

Remove the skin from your chicken legs and cut in half. Squeeze the lemon juice over them.  Put the tandoori in a bag, a tbsp at a time, and shake 1 or 2 pieces of chicken in the bag to coat.  Add tandoori to the bag as needed to coat all the pieces.

Spray a baking dish and place the coated chicken in, leaving space in between. I used 2 dishes so as to have space for chicken and potatoes.

Quarter potatoes and toss in a bag with oil, vinegar and garlic powder.  Place in between the chicken legs.

Bake at 400F for 45 minutes.
Toss some wilted spinach with butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper and your meal is ready to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment