I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Two-in-One Muffins

My friend bought me this little gadget a year ago.  I finally tried it out.

I made up two separate muffin recipes and ended up with 24 two-in-one muffins.
If you don't have a gadget like this I believe you could pour one batter in the bottom of your muffin paper and pour the second one on top.

For the dark half I used the Five Roses recipe for Date Bread:

1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup boiling water
1  1/2 cups chopped dates
1  1/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 egg
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup walnuts
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter or marg

Dissolve baking soda in boiling water, pour over dates and let cool.  Combine flour, baking powder and salt.  Beat egg and gradually add brown sugar.  Add cooled date mixture, chopped nuts, vanilla and mix well.  Fold in dry ingredients. Add melted butter and mix well.  

For the light half I used the Five Roses recipe for basic muffins with a couple of additions:

2 cups flour
2 tbsps sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup flax
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter or marg

Stir dry ingredients together.  In a small bowl combine beaten eggs, milk and melted butter.  Add to dry ingredients.

Stand the gadget in the muffin pan and pour one batter in each side, 2/3 full.

Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 20-25 minutes.

Next time I'll try it with cupcake batter.











No comments:

Post a Comment