I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Monday, March 23, 2015

Household Hint - Defrosting the Freezer

What does this have to do with defrosting a freezer?
The lid !!
It fits perfectly in the bottom of my upright freezer.
It also fits in the freezer part of my fridge.  Just empty your freezer, turn it off and place a fan inside.
Sit the lid on an old towel. The lid will catch chunks of ice and water while the towel will catch the runoff from the sides.
You'll be done defrosting the freezer in about an hour (depending on how much ice you've accumulated of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment