I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Thursday, March 19, 2015

Just Right Pita Chips

Many times I've made pita chips and many times they've turned out too hard, not crisp enough or too brown (read burnt).

I finally got it just right.

Take your pitas and cut them in quarters, then open them up and split. So you should have 8 pieces for each pita.  Lay them out on baking sheets, don't overlap.  Now here's the thing...have them all rough side up (like the inside of the pita I mean) and brush with olive oil.  See, if you try to brush the smooth side, the olive oil doesn't stay on as well.
Sprinkle with whatever you like here.

On one pan I used paprika, garlic powder and salt.
On the other, garlic powder, oregano and salt.

Bake them in a 400 F oven for 4 minutes. That's it!

Perfect. They didn't last long.  You might want to make two batches.

Next time I might try cinnamon and sugar.

Update:

I tried cinnamon and sugar, as well as white cheddar popcorn flavouring. Pretty good, but my favourite is still  paprika, garlic powder and salt.



Here's another... 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp ground sumac and a pinch of tumeric. Then sprinkle on a few sesame seeds before popping in the oven.


Let me know if you have any other flavours you've tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment