I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Saturday, April 4, 2015

Beer Crust Pizza

Oh well, they can't all be winners. I got this idea from a site that I won't name because the recipe wasn't that good.  Any ideas on what I did wrong? The original recipe posted no rising time for the dough.  Maybe that's all it would have needed : (   If you like thin crust pizza you might like it.

Anyways, here it is if you want to give it a try.

2  1/2 cups bread flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsps margarine
1 cup beer
olive oil
Mix flour, salt and sugar together.  Add the margarine and the beer and mix in your mixer until the dough comes away from the bowl.  Add a little flour at a time until you reach the right consistency.
Oil your hands with olive oil and press the dough onto a parchment line pizza pan.  Brush the dough with olive oil too.
Top with your favourite sauce and toppings.  (I tried some radish tops here which was good)
Put your pizza in a 475 F oven for 12 minutes.
Meh.....it was alright. We ate it but this one would have been a LOT better!
http://hotandcoldrunningmom.blogspot.ca/2014/03/this-is-best-pizza-ever.html

No comments:

Post a Comment