I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Friday, May 15, 2015

Asian Pasta Salad with Sweet Mandarin Dressing

Oh my goodness this is a tasty salad. Sweet and crunchy with a little zing!

3 cups cooked shell pasta
284 ml/ 10 oz can mandarin orange segments, drained and reserve liquid
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
2 tbsps unsalted peanuts
2 tbsps sunflower seeds
3 cups mixed greens
1/4 cup sliced celery

Dressing:

1/4 cup mandarin reserved liquid
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ginger powder
1 tbsp plum sauce
1 tsp light soya sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp honey
1/3 cup olive oil
Once the pasta is cooked and chilled, toss together with the remaining ingredients.
Mix the dressing up and add enough to the salad to coat. 
If you want to add beef take a few tbsps of dressing and marinate the meat for about 1 hour. Grill, slice and serve over the salad.  I used a piece of sirloin which unfortunately was cooked indoors. Grilled would have been better. Maybe next time I'll get my "grillmaster" to bbq it for me : )

No comments:

Post a Comment