I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Spaghetti Turkey Salad

When I cook pasta for a meal I always like to cook some extra.
That way it's ready to go when you are.
This meal literally took me about 15 minutes to make.

2 cups cooked spaghetti
1 cup cooked turkey or chicken
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup vinaigrette, Italian dressing or
Chia Lemon Salad Dressing 
http://hotandcoldrunningmom.blogspot.ca/2015/04/chia-lemon-salad-dressing.html

Lettuce of your choice
Cooked broccoli flowerets
English cucumber
green/ yellow sweet pepper
celery
radishes

Lay a bed of lettuce on the plate. I used red leafy and some romaine here.  Toss the spaghetti and veggies with your choice of dressing.  The quantity and choice of vegetables all depends on what you have on hand and what you like.
Place the spaghetti/veggie mix on top of the lettuce and add the turkey, hard boiled eggs and cheese. I topped the turkey with some chopped celery leaves.  Drizzle a little more dressing on top.  Now you've got time leftover to do something else.
Serves 2

No comments:

Post a Comment