I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Thursday, June 4, 2015

Nutella Hot Fudge Cake (aka Dummy Pudding)

My husband's family grew up with a cake like this.  Their mom called it Dummy Pudding because any dummy could make it. Think she was trying to tell them something?

I added the Nutella to their basic fudge cake. I've been accused of not being able to leave a recipe alone. Just make it as is, but ya gotta try stuff right?  Sorry, not sorry.

Batter:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsps cocoa powder
2 tsps baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsps vegetable oil
2 tsps vanilla

Sauce:
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2-3 tbsps Nutella
1  3/4 cups hot water (just boiled)

Mix the batter ingredients together, it will be thick.  Spoon and spread it into a 9" pie plate or flan pan that has been greased.




 Next dot the nutella on top of the batter in little blobs. I used 2 tbsps of Nutella...should have used 3!
Combine the brown sugar and cocoa and sprinkle on top.  Pour the hot water on top using a spoon to pour onto so that you don't make a hole in the batter but disperse the water.

You can hold the spoon up alittle over the batter as you do it. I just laid it down for the picture because I don't have 3 hands. Although many times I wished I had : )

Ready for the oven. Don't forget to put it on a cookie sheet in case it overflows.

Bake in a 350 F oven for 30 minutes. 
Hot and bubbly and ready for anything.

Spoon it into a bowl and eat it just the way it is. But like I said....I can't leave recipes alone. Sprinkle some icing sugar on top,

put some blackberries in the bowl too........

Or serve it with ice cream.  Oh darn, I only have chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment