I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Friday, September 18, 2015

Lemony Apple Zucchini Loaf

This was supposed to be a zucchini loaf, but when I went out to the garden for a zucchini all I found was one little tiny one. So I decided to add apple to make up the difference that I was missing. Because apple is sweeter than zucchini I cut the original amount of sugar back, which is a good thing right?

It's super moist too!

1/2 cup zucchini, shredded with peel
1/2 cup apple, shredded with peel
2 eggs
1  1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsps lemon juice
1/8 tsp lemon zest
2 cups cake flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Glaze:
1 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp milk
1/8 tsp zest

Shred both the apple and zucchini and set aside.

Mix flour, salt and baking powder together and set aside.

In a large bowl beat the eggs. Next add oil and sugar. 
Add the lemon juice to the milk, then add to the bowl along with the zest. Fold in the apple and zucchini.

Add the dry ingredients in 2 or 3 increments to the wet until well combined.

Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 X 5 loaf pan and bake at 350F for 45 - 50 minutes.

Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.

Combine the glaze ingredients and pour over loaf while it is still warm. (Not too warm as it'll run right off).

Enjoy for breakfast, brunch, snack, dessert or really anytime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment