I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Monday, January 18, 2016

Lemony Greek Pork Tenderloin

I wanted to get the most out of my lemon so I decided to make this roast pork hasselback style with slices of lemon for ultimate flavour.

1  1/2 lb boneless pork tenderloin
1/2 cup Lemon Greek yogurt
1 tbsp minced garlic (3-4 cloves)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 tsp salt
1  1/2 tsps dried oregano
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsps olive oil
1 lemon, zested and sliced

Mix yogurt, garlic, onion, salt, oregano, lemon juice, zest and olive oil together.

Slice lemons thinly and insert into cuts made into the tenderloin at about 1 - 1  1/2" intervals.

Slather all over with the marinade, place in a plastic bag, and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.

Roast, uncovered, in a 425 F oven for 35-45 minutes.
Let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.

The reviews were excellent at our table!

No comments:

Post a Comment