I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Friday, January 15, 2016

Spiralized Potato Latkes

You could always use shredded potatoes, but since I got a spiralizer for Christmas I thought I'd give that a try.

2 cups spiralized potatoes (about 4 medium potatoes)
1 tbsp dried chives
1/4 cup flour
2 large eggs
1/4 tsp lemon zest
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
vegetable oil for frying

Mix potatoes, chives, flour, eggs, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper together. Have your frying pan and vegetable oil on medium low heat. As you can see I didn't use alot of oil.

Carefully pour about 1/3 cup of potato mixture into the pan for each latke, pressing down lightly. Fry 1-2 minutes.
Flip and fry another 2 minutes until golden brown.

Remove to a rack on a paper towel lined baking sheet or serve right away with sour cream or applesauce.
Or try some Pulled Pork on top of your latkes.  
Don't knock it 'til you try it!
Here's the link to Pulled Pork
http://hotandcoldrunningmom.blogspot.ca/2014/01/pulled-pork-fajitas.html

No comments:

Post a Comment