I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Spaghetti Oil and Garlic

Here is a simple pasta dish that can be changed up in many ways. You can serve it plain, I like it like that. Or add whatever you want. For this one I added some cooked chicken, broccoli and carrots.


Here's the recipe straight out of my old notebook


1/2 cup olive oil
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
12 oz spaghetti
1/3 cup fresh parsley
pepper

Heat oil over low heat. Add garlic and cook until lightly golden (keep a close eye not to burn it), about 15 minutes. Add hot pepper flakes.

Toss with spaghetti and your cooked extras. Top with parmesan cheese.

Serves 4



No comments:

Post a Comment