I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Monday, February 29, 2016

Tuna Fudge for Pets

Got this one from my sister-in-law. Dogs will love it, as well as cats. You may want to leave out the parmesan cheese for cats. As for garlic powder....google it to decide whether you want to use it or not, there are two camps as to whether it is safe to use or not for both cats and dogs.  Or just leave it out, Fido or Fluffy won't even miss it : )

This is the original recipe, but I made only half a recipe this time. (See below for the half recipe)

2 tins tuna with juice
1  1/2 cups flour (whole wheat, rice flour)
1 tsp garlic powder
2 eggs, beaten
1 handful parmesan cheese

Mix all ingredients together. Spread in an oiled 9 X 9 pan.
Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.



It comes out of the pan easily and once cooled, cuts very well.

Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or package and freeze.

I cut the recipe in half the first time I made it in case Karma didn't like it.  No problem, she loves this stuff! And half the recipe made quite alot anyways.
Half recipe:

1 - 170g tin tuna with juice
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 egg beaten
parmesan (optional)

Use a loaf pan instead of a 9 X 9" pan for the half recipe.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipe. I think i would not omit garlic powder because i read that garlic is not good for dogs but i would try to make your recipe for our Tarzan 😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the wrong text, i would omit the garlic powder i mean 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think you could use almond flour

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made these can both cats and dogs eat them? They look good enough for us humans to eat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said in the recipe, you may want to leave out parmesan for cats, as well as garlic powder.

      Delete
  5. I've fed my dogs and cats garlic--the real thing not powder--for years with no ill effects. ONIONS are not good for cats or dogs

    ReplyDelete