I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Sunday, April 17, 2016

Army Potatoes

Awhile ago our friend made these potatoes for us and they were so good, so I asked him if he would share his recipe. Well, he had at one time been a cook in the army and told me he got the recipe then and that if he told me the recipe he'd have to kill me! "Just kidding" he said. And then he shared this recipe. Make it at your own peril.
Just kidding   : )

Mashed potatoes, as much as you need.
Add 1 tbsp Lowney's chicken broth powder for every 6 potatoes.
Mash with cream or milk, butter, oregano and pepper to taste.

No need for salt as it's in the Lowney's.
Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray, spoon the potatoes in, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and top with dabs of butter. This can be made ahead to this point. Just refrigerate until needed.

Pop in the oven at 350 F for 30 minutes.

Broil the top if you like.
And thank the army.

No comments:

Post a Comment