I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Monday, May 23, 2016

BBQ'd Veggies in Foil

Barbecuing season has arrived! 
Here is an easy recipe for your vegetable sidedish.

Take a large piece of foil and oil it generously with olive oil. Then layer whatever veggies you like.

Here I used:
1 onion sliced
2 small carrots, sliced thinly
1/2 broccoli, cooked 40 seconds in microwave
Some diced red pepper

I sprinkled some President's Choice Blue Menu Lemon & Herb on top, but you could also try a Mrs Dash or other spices and herbs. Drizzle with olive oil and add 3-4 tbsps of water, then wrap up the foil to make a nice steaming packet.
Pop it on the BBQ for 45 minutes, the first 15 over direct medium high heat, then finish up the final 30 minutes to the side using indirect heat. At least that's what my grillmaster (hubby) said to do : )

No comments:

Post a Comment