I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Sunday, May 29, 2016

Puff Pancakes

When you want to show off a little but you do not want to try hard to do it  : )

1/3 cup milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup flour
pinch salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp orange or lemon zest (optional)
1 tbsp + 1 tsp butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 400 F.

Melt butter and set aside.

Add the remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add a little of the melted butter, swirl, then add the rest of it to the batter.

Grease 8 muffins cups (I used Baker's Joy, I love this stuff!)
Pour in the batter. Doesn't look like much eh?

Bake for 15 minutes until golden and puffed. Almost done!

Serve right out of the oven with your favourite toppings.

You could serve these for breakfast, brunch or even as a dessert.

This time I cooked up some chopped apples with a little sugar and water, plated it with caramel ice cream topping and a dusting of icing sugar.

Or you could try some tangy lemon curd
Here's the link

What toppings will you try?


No comments:

Post a Comment