I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Thursday, July 7, 2016

Dog Ice Cake

For a cool treat any time, but especially today because it's our rescue dog Karma's 3rd birthday! She's been with us since last December and we are so lucky to have her. If you'd like to see what Karma's been up to check out InstantKarmaBaby on Instagram.

For this "birthday cake" I made layers of her favourite things.
Broth can be used for the liquid but because Karma has some allergy issues we have been introducing new foods very slowly. So no broth here.

For the first layer I added some carrot slices and parsley (for fresh breath) to a thin layer of water, then froze it.

Next I puréed an apple with some water in a food processor and poured that in.

If you make one of these just keep adding your pup's favourite things, you can include toys too, making layers and freezing as you go.

I ended this one with a layer of water with chunks of apple, parsley and carrot slices.
Unmould and celebrate!
Happy Birthday Karma!


1 comment: