I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Thursday, August 11, 2016

Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

Here's a big batch of old-fashioned, moist cookies!
You'll be looking for a glass of milk to go with them as soon as they come out of the oven!


1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsps coconut extract (or vanilla, almond)
1 cup brown sugar

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups oats
1 cup coconut

Cream together the butter, sugars, eggs and extract. Set aside.
Mix the dry ingredients together and add to the butter mixture in 3 additions until combined.
I divided my cookie dough in half and baked one half as is. I topped them with a little extra coconut before popping them in the oven.


To the second half I mixed in 1/2 cup dried cranberries and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips.


Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets and bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes. Cool.

Here's the Coconut Oatmeal half of the batch...

and here are the one's with added cranberry and white chocolate chips.


You can't go wrong either way  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment