I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Thursday, December 29, 2016

Cannoli Cookies

If you want a dessert that is not too sweet...

1 cup ricotta
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
30 giant lady finger biscuits, halved
3/4 cup white chocolate melting discs
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts

The original recipe called for vanilla wafer cookies, but I searched high and low for them with no luck.  I eventually settled on the lady finger biscuits. I halved them and they worked out fine.

Mix ricotta, icing sugar, sugar and vanilla together and spread a scant teaspoon on one half of each cookie.

Sandwich them together.

Then melt the white chocolate discs in a double boiler or microwave.  I microwaved them on medium for 30 seconds, stirred, then another 30 seconds. If you have a few lumps left just stir them in, they should melt. You don't want to make the chocolate too hot or it will clump. Now start dipping the cut end of the cookies in the white chocolate and sprinkle chocolate chips or pistachios on top or on the whole dipped end.

I opted for the tops...pretty cute eh?




Adapted from:
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cannoli-wafer-sandwiches/amp

No comments:

Post a Comment