I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Chocolate Chip Overnight Brunch Bake

Just a few minutes prep time in the evening, then bake while you get ready for the day the next morning. 
Not sure if I would have it on any old morning, you could I guess, but for Christmas, Easter or Mother's Day breakfast it's fantastic!


12 oz/320 g package chocolate chip buns or croissants
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
8 oz/227 g cream cheese, room temperature
4 eggs
2 tsps vanilla
2 cups milk
1  1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips



Spray a 9 X 13" baking dish with cooking oil. Cut the buns into 1 1/2" cubes and put them in the dish. Add the chocolate chips.


In a large mixer bowl cream the cream cheese and sugars together. Next add the eggs, vanilla and milk.
Pour into the baking dish, cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next morning uncover and bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes.


Serve warm.

The first time I made this it was Christmas day. It came out perfectly! But I wasn't quite ready to serve it and stupidly covered it with foil. Don't do that! The nice crisp top turned pretty soggy : (

No comments:

Post a Comment