I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Karma's Koat

So I had this idea to make a coat for Karma. 

I took an old pair of fleece pajama bottoms and slit opened the legs. 

I used some brown paper to make a pattern and to try it on the dog.  After taking this picture I actually cut a straight edge rather than the curvy edge you see here, but you get the idea, eh?

I sewed two thicknesses of material together then sewed double folded bias tape around the edge. I used the PJ waistband for the neck of the coat.

Then sewed a large button on one side of the neck and made a loop from the bias tape on the other side of the neck. I had a strap with a clip that I had kept from something (don't remember what) so I used that for the strap around the belly area. And it was ready for Christmas morning!

Oh and did I mention it matches Dad's jacket!


1 comment: