I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Monday, January 2, 2017

Persimmon Ricotta Tarts

This makes a small batch...just 6 tarts. Of course, you could always double it if you like them.

1/4 cup ricotta
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp vanilla
1 ripe persimmon, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp lemon juice
Pinch of lemon zest
1/2 tsp flour
1/2 tsp sugar
2-3 tsps apple jelly
Cinnamon (optional)
A small batch of pastry (or leftover pastry from something else will do)

Mix ricotta, icing sugar, sugar and vanilla together. 

This is my first experience with persimmon.
I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but once ripe it reminds me a bit of papaya. Some people eat it while still hard. That I don't like, I like mine very soft to the touch.

Slice the persimmon thinly and toss with lemon juice and zest.

Roll out pastry and cut rounds to fit your tart pan. Fill with about a teaspoon or so of ricotta then top with slices of persimmon. 

Brush a little apple jelly on top. Warm it a bit to thin if too thick to brush on. Sprinkle cinnamon on if using.

Bake at 425 F for 25 minutes, brush or spoon on a little more apple jelly and bake another 5-10 minutes.

What do you think? 


The pastry recipe I used was this one...

http://hotandcoldrunningmom.blogspot.ca/2017/01/easy-to-handle-pastry.html

No comments:

Post a Comment