I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Sunday, February 12, 2017

Italian Sausage with Rice Noodles

Or how to change up some leftovers in the fridge from Chinese New Year!



1 onion, sliced
3 spicy Italian sausages, sliced
1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1/4 lb rice noodles
2 cup coleslaw mix (or cabbage)
a handful of arugula
1 - 28 oz can diced tomatoes

So like I said, I had some leftovers from Chinese dishes I'd made over the holiday. Water chestnuts, rice noodles and coleslaw mix. And I didn't want another asian dish so I made this. Wasn't sure how this Asian/Italian fusion was going to turn out but was pleasantly surprised!

Brown sliced sausages and onions in a large frying pan. Add chestnuts and coleslaw mix and cook for 3-4 minutes.



Add arugula, diced tomatoes and prepared noodles. No reason to season...the sausage gives the dish all the flavour it needs.


Combine and heat through.


Ready to serve....and everyone loved it!








No comments:

Post a Comment