I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Sunday, February 5, 2017

Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potatoes

I just discovered these little sweet potatoes called Boniatos or caribbean sweet potatoes. They have a purple skin with white flesh and are a cross between and white potato and the orange flesh sweet potato I am used to. Interesting! Those in the family who don't usually like sweet potato DID like these so I might be looking for boniatos more often in the grocery store.



4 small caribbean sweet potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tsps brown sugar
1 tsp salt

Peel and cut into fries and soak in cold water for 30 minutes, then drain and pat dry. Place in a bag and toss with olive oil.



Mix all the remaining ingredients together and add to the bag.  Shake to coat the fries. Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet.



Bake at 450 F for 15 minutes, flip and return for another 10-15 minutes.

Sliced carrots work well too!


No comments:

Post a Comment