I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Greek-Style Slow Cooker Chicken and Potato Dinner

The chicken should have been the center of attention here, and it was really good. But Oh these lemony potatoes....I love love loved them!

4 chicken legs, divided thigh and drumstick
4 or 5 potatoes, peeled and cut in wedges
1  1/2 tbsps minced garlic
1 tbsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp lemon zest
2 tbsps olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp cornstarch

A friend told me I should say how many people my recipes serve. It's been kind of hit and miss with me in the past but I will try to be more vigilant about it.

This recipe serves 4-5

Start with a layer of potato wedges on the bottom of a crock pot that has been sprayed with cooking oil.

Next sit the thighs and drumsticks on top, careful not to overlap.

Mix the remaining ingredients together and spoon over the chicken. If there is any remaining pour it into the bottom of the pot.

Cover and slow cook on low 5-6 hours then enjoy, Opa!




No comments:

Post a Comment