I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Saturday, May 6, 2017

Berry Peary Smoothie Bowl

What a refreshing summery bowl of goodness! Alright, it looks like summer is never going to come, but right here, right now, it's summer in my kitchen!



Smoothie for 2 :

3/4 cup frozen strawberries
3/4 cup frozen blueberries
1 frozen pear
1 frozen banana
1  1/2 cups plain yogurt
2 tbsps honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsps ground hemp seed

Toppings:

coconut
ground flax seed
chia seeds
pumpkin seeds
mango slices
kiwi slices
strawberries
oats



Whirl the frozen berries, pear and banana in your blender to chop. I had a frozen Bosc pear whose skin is naturally light brown and upon freezing became more brown, so I peeled it. But if you aren't afraid of making a weirdly brown smoothie then by all means don't peel your pear.  As you can see the banana is still in the skin. That's how I freeze my bananas, peel and all.....but I did remove this one before whirling. Apparently banana peel is a good source of nutrition, but I haven't tried it yet. 

Next add the yogurt, honey, vanilla and hemp seeds.



I've got to tell you about this yogurt. It's Halal 3% fat probiotic plain yogurt. Nice and thick like Greek yogurt, which of course you could use as well.  I saw this yogurt in the grocery store, regularly priced at $2.79 for 750 ml but it was marked down to $0.25!!  Then an additional 30% OFF and there were still 6 days left before the expiry date !! So it only cost me $0.17....I love a good sale!

Anyways, once everything is blended together pour into serving bowls and top with your favourite things!



I sure hope the sun comes out soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment