I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Friday, June 30, 2017

Whole Orange Chocolate Mini Cakes

Easier than falling off a log... I've never fallen off a log but I imagine it's pretty easy. So are these...



1 whole orange
1 chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup oil
3 eggs
2/3 cup water

Start by pulverizing the orange in a food processor.  Place unpeeled quarters in the processor and chop or purée until consistency that you like. I ended up with 3/4 cup.


Add the orange purée to the cake mix in a large mixer bowl along with the ingredients called for in the cake mix.  I added 3 eggs and 1/2 cup oil. My Betty Crocker mix called for 1 1/4 cups water, so I used 3/4 cup orange purée as part of the water but decided instead of the the remaining 1/2 cup I would add 2/3 cup water as orange purée was more solid than water.  It worked out very well.

Pour the batter into cupcake or mini loaf paper lined pans and bake at 325 F for 25-30 minutes.


These cakes are very moist and don't even need frosting.  You could dust them with icing sugar for appearance sake.


No comments:

Post a Comment