I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Thursday, August 10, 2017

Pre-Baked Pizza Crust on the BBQ

After trying this homemade frozen pizza crust at home we took it on the road. What a time saver!

http://hotandcoldrunningmom.blogspot.ca/2017/06/homemade-frozen-pizza.html

Made it long instead of round to fit our portable propane grill.  My husband took a piece of corrugated cardboard the size of the pizza and covered it with foil. Wrapped the pizza and foiled cardboard with foil to keep the pizza from getting broken in our cooler. Then I froze it until ready to take it camping.



I had all the toppings cut and shredded in separate ziplock baggies along with a paquet of sauce so after setting up camp it didn't take long to get supper ready.

After the foiled cardboard got our crust to the campsite unbroken it was used as a tray to slide the pizza onto the grill heated at about 425 F. Our little portable grill is not too accurate but around that temp.



My husband closed the BBQ top and baked our pizza for about 8-10 minutes. 



Once the cheese started to melt and the crust had a little char on it he slid the pizza off the grill back onto the little makeshift tray and


voilĂ ...Pizza Night at the campground !!


No comments:

Post a Comment