I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Pumpkin Carrot Soup

It's October and everything is pumpkin spice something or other but I'm not "falling" for that trend. This is just a soup that has pumpkin in it... and spices  ; )




2 tbsps coconut oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 1/2 - 4 cups vegetable broth
3 large carrots, diced
1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
2 cups pumpkin purée
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste
(I used about 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper)

Heat oil in a large pot, add onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and toss just until it starts to turn golden then add the broth, carrots and ginger. Cook about 20 minutes or until the carrots are easily pierced with a fork.

Stir in the pumpkin purée, cinnamon, salt and pepper.



Next, blend in batches making sure there are no lumps remaining. I used 3  1/2 cups of broth but if you want your soup alittle thinner add more broth here.



Return to the pot and heat through to serve.



Serves 8-10



No comments:

Post a Comment