I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Tuesday, February 20, 2018

DIY Kleenex Box Cover

De-cluttering our new bathroom meant getting things off the counter. Starting with the ugly kleenex box.

Had this wooden crate that was large enough to hold the largest kleenex box that we buy. I removed the hardware, hubby lightly sanded it and gave it a couple of coats of white paint.



He cut a slot in a long side (which will be the bottom of the dispenser) for the kleenex to come through.



Then he cut a piece of wood thin enough to slide through the slats like a door or panel. Also painted white.

I printed out B e a c h in keeping with our beach-themed new bathroom. I cut the letters out to make a stencil. Don't forget to keep the letter inserts (see B e and a)



I put the stencil on the wooden panel and taped it in place. Also placed a small piece of tape under the cutouts.



Using a sponge I dabbed light blue paint (the same as our wall colour) over the stencil then removed the stencil before the paint dried because I was afraid the paper would stick!



Here he is installing the box on the wall.


Sliding the whitewashed panel in to cover the kleenex box.



And here's the finished piece.  I think it turned out pretty cute!



For the full Beach Bathroom Makeover:
http://hotandcoldrunningmom.blogspot.ca/2018/02/beach-bathroom-makeover.html

No comments:

Post a Comment