I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Sunday, July 16, 2017

Baked Avocado and Tomato

Another side made with leftovers (I love leftovers!) I am not big on avocados but my avocado lovers liked it ☺


2/3 cup cooked rice
1 avocado
1 tomato
lemon juice
parmesan cheese

1/4 cup mayo
1 tbsp srirracha
1/2 tsp soya sauce
splash of lime juice

Use any leftover cooked rice and season to taste.

I used leftover rice from my Rice with Artichokes
http://hotandcoldrunningmom.blogspot.ca/2017/07/rice-with-artichokes.html

Cut tomato and avocado in half and scoop out the flesh of both leaving enough around the edge to keep the cup solid. Brush the avocado with a little lemon juice to keep it from turning brown.

Chop up the tomato and avocado and add it to your rice then spoon the mixture into the veggie cups.



Sprinkle with parmesan.



Bake at 425 F for 12-15 minutes.



Mix together the mayo, srirracha, soya sauce and lime juice and drizzle over the top. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment